Sunday, October 28, 2012

Girls women and ladies

'There's girls and there's women and there's ladies
 there's yes'es and no's and maybe's
 there's tease'n and please'n they start learning when they're babies
 there's girls there's women and there's ladies

It may come as a shock to some but I like women. I really don't have a type but Sandra Bullock will do. So will that girl at 7-11 who lights up when I come in.My first two wives were very different but we found a way to be married. On second thought maybe that's not a good example. But on both accounts we found some common ground for awhile.I like a girl that can really cook but neither wife was Paula Dean in the kitchen. One wife was blond and blue eyed, one had beautiful brown hair and eyes. One was bossy ( and bitchy) one  was the most even natured person I have ever known.But this isn't about ex wives.
   I guess this about chasing women at my age.I never chased much when I was younger because I was pretty dang shy. And in shape.And really didn't have too much. I guess things change. I am not all that shy or in shape. But I still like girls a great deal. Is alot a real word? That works too.Hank Jr sang a song" I really like girls".  He didnt pay me royalties but he is Hank Jr so I will let him slide.
  Kansas: Well I went to Kansas to work with Larry and the first night I was there the company took us out to eat and the dang place dimmed the lights at 9 and played music. Me Larry and my bosses( and wives) two stepped all over. That's a good first day at work! Then they sent me to Tulsa.
   My boss woke me up the day after saying some one called her saying there was a drunk cowboy sleeping in her office.Don't know about the drunk part but I did sleep in her office. A great place called The Hunt Club was across the street and I had a few beers and met a girl who I have no business being friends with. She is early twenties...I am not.She has tattoo's and piercings again I do not but we just get along. What does this mean to me today?
   I guess this is what I am getting too. I like girls. I make friends pretty easy. I am pretty old but I am pretty good with my life. I am not going to date some one who really doesn't like me just so I can say I am dating.  I don't care who she is or how pretty she is. I cant be a constellation prize and teach Carl self worth and not to settle if I do. I am fighting this right now. A girl who drives me crazy but just keeps me hanging on...I guess writing this will keep me being true.
  Ever walk in a place and see someone light up when they see you? That's what I am gonna have or I am gonna get a hungry dog...
   So let's drink another round to to you and me ....and them

1 comment:

  1. ...and if that girl who lights up when you walk into the room happens to be a twenty-something, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Life is too short to stress out over age differences.

    ReplyDelete