Saturday, October 20, 2012

State of the Union

Its a little after 11 pm (2300 hours to my military friends) and I have made the command decision to start another blog. It just seems like the right time.  Some friends do know I used to write one on AOL a number of years ago and I really enjoyed it. This wont be about politics or dating or selling you junk. Nope, this will be about a normal guy ( quit laughing I can come off as normal if I have too!) trucking through the backside of his forties trying to make a living and raise a boy and make a friend or two along the way. 
   I am calling this one State of the Union because once a year the President gives a State of the Union address to let us regular folks what kind of shape our Republic is in. Since this is my first blog its a get to know me posting. 
   I live on the South Side of Oklahoma City, which is the good side because it's where the cowboys( and Cowgirls!) live. Its too snobby on the Northside for me. I live about 4 or five miles from my skinny brother and his family, and a few miles from my mom. Just by chance I live 1.5 miles from the greatest place on the Southside : Old Chicago!  I spend a great deal of time there eating pizza and hanging out with my friends. More on Old Chicago and why pizza is just my 3rd favorite thing there at a later time. I am trying to hurry this first posting a bit because I did take an Ambien a bit ago....More on that at some other time:/
  I drive an 18 wheeler, just like in the great Alabama song 'Roll On'. Right now I am working in Tulsa and since that is over an hour away, I stay there for days at a time then come home on my days off. And as most can guess I am working with Larry. He is my best friend and we have had somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 jobs together.My first job was working at the Town and Country Drive-In in Gatesville Texas. You guessed it, Larry worked there also. He was supposed to be training me so I could run the projectors while he went of to chase girls at church camp. Well due to a circumstance beyond our control-Urbane Cowboy was showing-I didnt learn a thing and he went off to camp anyways. The manager Don Palmer should have fired me right then but he had the patience of Job and trained me himself. He was one of the greatest guys to ever live and he started the 30 year tradition of hiring me and Larry to work together.
   I do live by myself but my 12 year old boy Carl, or CJ as some call him stays with me when ever I am not working. He is all boy..climbs up everything, leaves his socks on the couch, wants toys he...ah I cant afford. He owns about 20 footballs and has no problem wearin my arm out playing catch. Every day. Even when it rains.He is funny and smart, and I try to take him every where I go.
  What else do I write in an intro...I LOVE football!!! The Oklahoma Sooners and the Dallas Cowboys!!! I have a pretty large fondness of women also....more on that later, but I am single, and a dad. I am a truck driver and a pretty good guy on a trivia team.. I do have to cut this short because my ole friend Ambien is working early ...yea for sleep.
   I am pretty sure this will be boring to read but I liked writing it..better stuff to come I promise.. Now how do I save this stuff?

    

2 comments:

  1. You may be a lot of things, Thomas, but you are never boring. Looking forward to more...much more. :-]

    ReplyDelete